What is ADHD Coaching?
ADHD coaching is an ongoing partnership that helps clients live more effective and satisfying lives by deepening their learning, improving their performance, and enhancing their quality of life.
Clients with ADHD have the same human needs as any coaching client, and also face unique challenges related to ADHD, which can interfere with their quality of life. These challenges might include hyperactivity, impulsivity, and/or inattention, as well as the belief that they can’t reach their goals because they have ADHD.
ADHD Coaches support their clients in developing a comprehensive understanding of both the nature of ADHD and the impact of ADHD on their client’s quality of life. In addition, ADHD coaches work with clients to create structures, support, skills and strategies to help them move forward with fuller and more satisfying lives. Coaching assists clients with ADHD to stay focused on their goals, face obstacles, address core ADD-related issues like time management, organization, and self-esteem, gain clarity and function more effectively. The client is seen by the ADD coach as resourceful and thus, with increasing self-awareness, as fully capable of discovering his or her own answers.
ADHD Coaching also helps clients to:
- Understand that the source of many of their challenges is ADHD, not personal shortcomings.
- Safely examine areas of failure and areas where they want to be held accountable.
- Heighten self-awareness and self-observation skills, and use those heightened skills to improve decision-making and performance.
- Change perspective when “stuck” (i.e. learning new ways to work with procrastination, perfectionism, staying on task, or being more consistent.)
- Become aware of their own learning styles, processing styles and learning preferences so they can enhance their ability to learn and comprehend information and situations.
ADHD Coaching can be an important part of a comprehensive program for individuals with ADHD . The coaching process initiates and encourages taking ownership and self- responsibility. Coaching is individualized and action-focused, so the client is working to build productive habits and systems that lead to a fulfilling life.
If you’re committed to making a change in your life, call Coach Ted NOW!
The best candidates for working with Coach Ted are adults with ADHD who:
- See the value in investing in their future
- Are ready and willing to take action
- Are results-oriented
- Want more out of life and will commit to putting in the time, energy and money to get it.